The end of 2016 was a whirlwind. There was a lot going on in my life, both personally and professionally. I became an aunt to a beautiful baby girl in September, I was promoted in October, and of course my birthday and the holidays came around in November and December. So while I had enough material to get me to October, my blog was put on the back burner going into the holidays and into the New Year.
Since I just got my February Ipsy bag this past week, I thought it’d be perfect to share what I received and give my first impressions and reviews on the products.
If you haven’t yet signed up for Ipsy, it’s a wonderful, inexpensive beauty and makeup subscription. You simply fill out your profile with your skin type, hair color, makeup experience, and favorite brands and Ipsy will send you a personalized bag with different beauty and makeup to try – for just $10 a month! Sign up here!
Without further ado, here’s my February Ipsy bag!
- The Organic Pharmacy Lip & Eye Cream: It’s never too early to begin the anti-aging process. I’m always pretty hesitant about using new skin products because my skin is so sensitive, but since this contains all organic ingredients, it’s gentle and perfect for all skin types. I’ve been using this every night since I’ve gotten it. It’s moisturizing and brightening – I already see the improvements!
- SOO AE Sheet Mask Duo – Purifying Black Charcoal Mask & Nature Green Tea Collagen Mask: I haven’t used these yet, but I am very happy that I got them in my bag this month. Who doesn’t love masks and a weekend of self-care? I’ll definitely be using these soon.
- Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish $12 Latte: I’ve been very much into neutral nail polishes lately, pinks, grays, and taupes. This will fit right in with my current color scheme. It actually kind of reminds me of the color You Don’t Know Jacques by OPI.
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Lifeguard: I love NYX! I was really excited to receive this lipstick. I have other Butter Lipsticks and the formula is amazing. It does actually feel like butter on your lips – it’s moisturizing, not drying, and so rich.
- BellaPierre Volumelash Waterproof Mascara: Mascara is mascara. I’m always happy to get more and try different brushes. The only thing I don’t particularly like about this is that it’s waterproof.
Overall, I was pretty pleased with my Ipsy bag this month. I’ll likely use, or at least try, all of the products. I think it’s a great value because you get a lot of full sized products, like the nail polish and mascara, which usually cost at least $5-$8 each, so the bag ultimately pays for itself. If you’d like more information about these products or would like an in-depth review, leave a comment below!