While it is far from July and Christmas, I had my own little shopping extravaganza this summer. I haven’t really shopped for clothes in a while and felt I needed some new pieces for work. A lot of the pieces I picked up are great for a fall wardrobe, but I have been wearing some to work because my office is freezing and I’m always cold. All of these pieces were either on sale at the time of purchase or I had some sort of promo code. Anyway, I just wanted to share some of the things I picked up while I had my mini Christmas in July.
- Asymmetric Zip Cardigan in Oatmeal: I was in search of a brown cardigan because oddly enough I don’t have one. I realized I don’t really have any brown in my closet except for footwear. I’ve already worn this several times to work. It’s so comfortable and soft. It’s such a flattering cardigan, I’m really glad I picked this up.
- Ribbed Cutout Tunic Tank in Camel: I have yet to wear this. I was planning on wearing it to work until I tried it on. There are slits on the sides which I think are a little too revealing for work – I don’t want anyone seeing the sides of my stomach. Also, it’s kind of a strange piece – it’s a sleeveless sweater, so I know my arms would be cold, but it’s weird to put a sweater over sweater. I absolutely adore this piece though. I’m definitely determined to wear it by the end of summer.
- Faux Suede A-Line Skirt in Brown: Another piece I have yet to wear. I got this piece for what I feel was a steal. With the promo code I had, this skirt came out to $11! I couldn’t pass it up. I’m definitely planning on wearing this skirt for date night with my boyfriend.
- Perforated Leather Slip-On in Black: I’m obsessed with these shoes. I used to have a pair of classic checkered slip-ons back in high school and these are like the adult version! For some reason I didn’t have any casual black shoes in my closet, so I needed these. Slip-ons are so trendy right now and these are comfy classics!
- Halogen ‘Noble’ Over the Knee Boot in Grey Suede: I haven’t had a chance to wear these yet, but when they arrived in the mail, I tried them on with several different looks. They’re so chic and I can’t wait til the weather gets a little cooler so I can wear them out!
These are just a few things I picked up this summer. These items make great transition pieces from summer to fall and I feel like they’re closet staples. Let me know if you have any questions and if you’d like a specific review on any of them!