Lipstick is one of my all-time favorite makeup products. It adds the finishing touches on any look – whether it’s a regular day at the office or a night out on the town. I came across these Wet n Wild lip colors one autumn afternoon. I was in my local Walgreens and saw the obnoxious end cap display, a large bright sign with a super low price. So being the curious, makeup loving, frugal shopper I am, I went to check it out. I was also currently in the market for a new dark burgundy lip color – #basicgirlsunite!
Anyway, once I picked up my first lip color by Wet n Wild, I had to get more. So here’s a sneak peek into my current color collection, swatches and why I love them!
From left to right: Dark Wine (536A), Java (532E), Blushing Bali (507C), 15 Minutes Aflame (517C), and Nouveau Pink (518D)
Reasons why I’m obsessed
- Pigment: With a single swipe, each lipstick leaves a lasting, rich and creamy color.
- Formula: Like I said, this lipstick is extremely creamy and soft. The application is so smooth, like butter – because we all want to smother butter all over our lips. I’ve found that with the creamy formula, it is also very hydrating.
- Long Lasting: I’m not knocking drug store products because I love them, but for a drug store product they last a really long time. Of course, pro tip, to make it last all day, be sure to use a lip liner and set it with some loose powder.
- Range of Colors: As you can see in the photos, with the five shades I have, they are all pretty different. This Wet n Wild line has so many colors, it’s so hard to choose. They offer dark reds, nudes, true reds, pinks, purples and I’m sure many, many others.
- Affordability: The price is absolutely right with these colors. In my area, I believe they cost less than a dollar. I really love this factor because for a while I was purchasing pricier lip color at Sephora, which is great, but I wanted all of the colors and right now my budget doesn’t allow that. With this line, I can try many shades without hurting my wallet. Once I find shades that work for me, I can then decide if it’s worth buying the $20 lip color or continue purchasing the never fail, less than a dollar version.
I’ll absolutely keep stocking up on this line, so long as they continue carrying it at my local drug stores. Lipstick is a really great and easy way to change up your look.