For the past four years, I’ve carried around the same bag, a navy Longchamp Pliage. I got it back when I transferred from a school in Iowa to a school in Chicago. I wanted a bag that was classic, timeless and durable. My Longchamp has survived through so much over the past few years, with its function changing constantly. I’ve used it as a school bag, an overnight bag and now an everyday work bag.
Here’s what I currently carry in my handbag every day, minus a water bottle and my keys.
- Gum – because fresh breath is always good!
- Michael Kors wristlet/wallet – This was my favorite birthday gift this past year. It’s pink with gold hardware, has numerous card slots, coin compartment, a bill compartment and it holds my phone! It’s so functional.
- Snack – I literally eat all the time, so I always carry one or two snacks.
- Marlowe Hand & Body Lotion – I tried this lotion on a whim and absolutely love it. It’s a thick, non-greasy formula which has been great for winter. The smell is really pleasant, too, but I can’t quite put my finger on what it is…
- Emergency kit – this is just a mesh pouch where I keep earbuds, chap stick, mini lint brush, hair ties, mirror, tennis grip tape (I’m always ready to play), and other miscellaneous items.
Nothing too exciting, but at least it’s a little peak into my life!
What are some of your essentials?